Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Valentine's weekend was full of fun for the Davidsons. First, Paul surprised me by sending flowers on Friday. My favorites. Tulips and Dutch irises. Gorgeous. Wish I had a picture for you, but I never got around to taking one. Not sure what happened there. Anyway, they were from ProFlowers. If you've never used them, they are worth checking out. My brother- and sister-in-law use them a lot. I have always been impressed with how long the flowers last.

Friday night we all went out for sushi at Kobe. This time *WE* anticipated the big F-I-R-E at the hibachi grill (in other words, Saylor remembered it and was freaking out a little bit), so *WE* had to muster up the courage to sit there. Ha! But once it was over, *WE* decided it wasn't so bad after all.


"The Guys" Watching the Show

Paul had a meeting Saturday morning, but the kids and I had heart-shaped toast drizzled with honey, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit for breakfast. Then we went upstairs and read Valentine stories and decorated homemade Valentines for each other. Saylor must have put 199 tiny heart stickers on ONE page! It took a lot of patience to do such beautiful work!

For lunch I made heart-shaped chicken quesadillas. First, I cut out the tortillas with my large heart cookie cutter. Then I mixed chicken (already seasoned, cooked and chopped) with shredded cheddar cheese, chunky salsa, and sour cream. This I spread between two heart-shaped tortillas. I then placed them in the oven at about 200 degrees until the cheese was melted and the chicken was hot. I served them with black beans, baby carrots, and more fresh fruit. Very yummy!


After lunch, Paul took Noah and Saylor to a Valentine tea party at the library. They listened to stories, decorated a tea cup and place mat, ate goodies, and tried tea (NOT their favorite part). The babies, unfortunately, had to stay home with me and nap, the poor things.


Tea Time


Aren't the tables cute?


Cookies...YES!!


Sitting Pretty

When naptime was over, we headed to Conway to visit with Nana. (Poppy was working.) We even spent the night!! Here's what that looks like, by the way: Gabriel in a pack-n-play in the "TV room"; Noah on the loveseat in the "TV room"; Saylor and Paul in a double bed in the guest room; me on the couch; and Atticus on a pallet in the living room. It's crazy. But what's new? We had intended to get the kids down and maybe go out for dessert together, but by the time everyone was down and we had visited with Nana sufficiently, we were both too tired. Again, what's new?

The next day we had brunch at Michelangelo's (to celebrate Paul's new job) where I ran into K.B., my manager at Macaroni Grill when I used to work there. (Small world.) Paul and I actually BOTH worked there for a while: Paul on the grill, and me on the wait staff. In a sense, I guess we're still doing those very same jobs. Ha! Back in the day, Mac Grill was one of the most fun places in town (remind me to tell you a story sometime about HOW fun it was) and had some of the best food. While it's still a family favorite, it has changed a LOT since we worked there (and in many ways, not for the better, in our opinion). Ah, but I digress... We ate a lot, visited as much as we could among so many little voices, wore the children slap out, and even got to see Poppy for a bit before heading home.


Oh! And I forgot to tell you about the Valentine we sent out to our family members. You can see the photo here. At the top in red lettering were the words "Our love for you is heartfelt." Then I stuck two felt hearts directly onto the photo on both sides. It turned out pretty cute, aside from the fact that I had the photos developed at Sam's, and I'm NEVER pleased with the results. Color problems, cropping problems, you name it! I wish I could afford to use Bedford's exclusively. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker