Sunday, March 21, 2010

Project 365: Week 12


Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have mastitis. It's awful!!!



Monday, March 15, 2010

My perch all day today. I barely moved. Mastitis is like the flu (fever, aches, chills)--only with horrific breast pain to boot. I'm dying, I tell ya. Dying. (*Note: I did not actually take this photo today. Are you kidding me? I was too busy with my constant moaning and shivering beneath a hideous Snuggie.) But I definitely MUST point out here that Noah was such a help to me today. My seven-year-old made breakfast AND lunch for all four of them today. He brought Atticus to me to nurse, put him in his high chair, and spoon fed him when needed. And he did it willingly and cheerfully! That is the grace of God right there.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My friend Erin drove TO MY HOUSE last night (she's a mommy of three, by the way) to bring me a concoction called "GOOT." It's a garlic, olive oil, coconut oil mixture. So I've been "gooping" on the "GOOT" today. It is helping so much! I thank her from the bottom of my heart.


Besides the cabbage leaves and the GOOT, I've done moist heat, hot showers, Echinacea/Goldenseal Root combination capsules, minced raw garlic covered in honey taken by the spoonful, eating lots of eggs (for the lecithin), Emergen-C, orange juice, fresh fruit, and increased my intake of water. I am a lot better today. My fever broke during the night last night. No antibiotics. Yes!!



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Halleluiah! I can lift my left arm again!! (Yeah, it was that bad.) This morning as I was slowly waking up, little Atticus was sitting in bed with me and along came Saylor with a storybook to share with him. I lay there amused with her storytelling for a long, long time before I even THOUGHT about getting the camera. Darn. Then they moved on to sitting in the floor, which was just as well because it gave me a chance to get up and grab something with which to capture the moment.




Thursday, March 18, 2010

Noah's been "hunting" all morning! (No Academy this week or next!!! Praise God! I'm one of those homeschooling moms who really DOES like to be at HOME.) It's good for Noah, too, to have the freedom to R-O-A-M.

Outfitted for the Outdoors

Hunting is a serious business.

Even when it's hard to take the hunter seriously...



Friday, March 19, 2010

Coldstone and Redbox with my honey. My flavor preference? Cake batter with graham cracker crust mixed-in. A photo of my "Coldstone Deliciousness" would have been MUCH more visually appealing, I grant you. But if you think I had the self-control to take pictures of it BEFORE chowing down or to stop right in the middle of my ice cream blissdom, then...ummmm...you'd be sooooo wrong.



Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today we loaded up and made the trek up to the Wye Mountain Daffodil Festival. We haven't been in a few years--for various reasons. Today, though not GORGEOUS weather-wise, was a great day for the daffodils, as it was not too windy, not too cold, not too hot, and not too sunny; it was perfectly overcast for pictures. Hooray! So, here's a little taste. I'll post ALL the other pics for Wordless Wednesday this week. So stay tuned!




Whew! It was a wild week. Looking forward to another one!
Thanks to Sara for hosting our project.

16 comments:

  1. Oh man, Glad you are over that! I've heard its very painful...I'm surprised you can still get it with how old Atticus is. I kinda thought it was in the early stages of nursing.

    Beautiful daffs! Ours will be out in a week or two.

    Such sweet reading pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the mastitis! What a blessing to have helping hands :-) LOVED the photos of sister reading to baby brother! Also loved, loved, loved the photos of the kids in the daffodils. Stunning!

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogged over from Sara's....so glad that you are feeling better...what you had sounds like NO fun what so ever! Love love love those pics with the kids in their white and red with the yellow flowers...beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry about the mastitis. That's wretched!! I'm glad you were able to get through it w/o antibiotics. I'll have to bookmark this page for future reference. I'm going 14 months w/o ever having it, but you never know! Thanks for sharing what you did to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - that just stinks, I've had mastitis, more than once, and it's terrible! I really thought I was going to die the first time, or have part of me removed! Glad you are feeling better and could get out to the tulip festival - beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my cousin having mastitis with her first baby - she had a terrible time! Of course it didn't help that her daughter hadn't quite figured out how to nurse yet so it was frustrating for both of them! Glad you're feeling better.

    My favorite Cold Stone concoction is peanut-butter cup perfection - yum!

    Those daffodils are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My step daughter had that a few months ago & she was telling me how painful it was... sorry...what women have to go through sometimes!!!

    Love the picture of the kiddos in with the flowers - BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daffodils are one of my favorites, those are beautiful pictures.

    I hope you are feeling better. I just Googled it and is sound very painful.

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori. Hope this week is better! I know how hard it is to be out of commission and then get back in the saddle. Seems like Moms should get sick days too!

    Loved the spring flowers - In Indiana I have only seen some crocus but no daffodils yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet son... 7 years old and he was happy and willing and able to take care of his siblings.
    What a blessing!
    Love the pictures of the children and the daffodils... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last picture is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hurt for you just reading all of that! What a blessing to have such great helpers when you're feeling that way.
    I LOVE the daffodil pictures. Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure your kids could be much cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh lori...takes me back about 6 years...ouch!!!! isn't it just awful? after two bouts...i was hoping none of my "nursing mommy" friends would ever have to join the club!!!! UGH! i wish i had known about GOOT - sounds like good stuff!

    glad you are on the mend...and were able to enjoy some coldstone!!!! ahhh, the days!

    loved the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are feeling so much better. I do not ever want to experience that!

    Looovvve the brightness in your daffodil pictures. You're right it was a perfect day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a week, girl! So sorry you had such a rough start. That's no fun. Your pharmacy sounds like mine. Love it! ;)

    How wonderful that your lil' man was such a 'big boy' for his mama. That's priceless!

    The daffodil pictures are beautiful!

    My Sunday pic will be Redbox this coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker