Sunday, December 26, 2010

Project 365: Week 52

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Atticus is a bit obsessed with all things Toy Story, specifically Buzz Lightyear, whom he endearingly refers to as "Woody Buzz." His aunt got him a just-his-size Buzz, which he wags around everywhere he goes. Perhaps you remember seeing "Woody Buzz" along for the crib-climbing adventure a couple of weeks ago? Today we went to Poppy's house after church, and after his nap there Atticus was so sad to discover that Daddy, Poppy, and his big brother and sister were gone--to look at a boat for Poppy.

So I say, "Maybe we can find something on TV to watch."
"Woody Buzz?" says Atticus.
"Well, I don't know about that, but surely we can find SOMEthing fun..."
Wouldn't you know it? ABC Family was playing Toy Story 1 and 2 back-to-back at that very moment! So crazy. Made his day, though.



Monday, December 20, 2010

This is what I did with our Christmas cards this year. No adhesive required. I simply bent the branches of the garland so they'd hold each card.



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Saylor had a little Christmas recital tonight at a local nursing home. After the performance, the girls passed out candy canes to the residents.




Wednesday, December 22, 2010

See? "Woody Buzz" even goes out for pizza with the family.



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Noah was ultra-busy today...


...with a big ol' shipping box and a roll of duct tape.


THIS is why he loves this time of year.  ;)


Friday, December 24, 2010
Christmas Eve

A whirlwind day if there ever was one. There was baking, cleaning, errands, rehearsing, driving, eating with extended family, and church. Whew! Noah was crazy a little excited about the presents.


And for good reason!


Gabriel racked up, too.


And then we had THE most worshipful experience at church! BTW, our church has live streaming online, and they record everything, so you can go back and watch and rewatch. Of course, though. The time I want to rave and tell you to check out our website to watch the service, it seems they didn't record. What?! I can't believe it. It was SO good. I even sang, too! Partly in German, no less!! But you'll never believe me, 'cause you weren't there. But hey. You weren't the only one...   I thought it was a divine evening.



Saturday, December 25, 2010
Christmas Day

Saylor bunked with Noah last night just for "special's" sake. (I'm not sure, but I think I just coined a new phrase.) Something about the two sets of siblings sharing rooms together for the night inspired me to surprise them with a little Christmas "magic." So in the wee, small hours of the morning I did this:



And when they woke up this morning...








It was a happy day alright.

Merry Christmas to all! It's been a fun year, Sara. Thanks so much for hosting Project 365!!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful week. I love that someone else gets matching Christmas PJs for their kids!!!

    Now what did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PJs!

    You know, my dad sings in the choir, but he's not really big into church. He was complaining that churches shouldn't have services on Christmas Eve because that's for FAMILY. I said WHAT? What do you think Christmas is all about? It was funny - & sad. Sometimes I really wish I could just stay at home one year & participate in my church's services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas card display idea! There's just something about Toy Story that is captivating. All of my kids have loved it over the years.
    So glad you had a special evening of worship. I really missed that this year!
    The kids all lookded thrilled Christmas morning and adorable in their jammies!
    Have a great New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker