Monday, April 13, 2009

Just Give Me an "F"

Would you like an inspirational pep talk, a success story, or an "anyone can do it" tip on how to get into shape? Uh, yeah, me too. If you're coming HERE expecting any of those things, you will soon see that disappointment surely awaits you. My bloggy friend Linda (aka "Lidna") at 2nd Cup of Coffee recently held an event entitled "30 x 5." We "participants" committed to MOVING (in some form or fashion) at least 30 minutes for 5 days of the week for 2 weeks. Yeah. I know. Doable. No big deal. Right?

Well, I apparently either don't have 30 minutes to myself on any given day of the week...or I'm so exhausted and physically drained that "moving" is unthinkable even if I had a spare moment. Perhaps both. I'm still trying to figure it out. All I know is, I had good intentions. Really, I did. But I barely managed to eke out a collective 30 minutes TOTAL for those two weeks...and that was spent playing the Wii with my kids (and not even Wii Fit either--don't have that). I KNOW y'all are jealous of how toned, lean, and generally amazing I must look right now!! Forevermore... I truly DO want to get back in shape again, but at this very moment all I can think about is how I could really go for some dessert right about now!


Besides, I'm sort of in a pickle. I mean, I'm not going to get much "cardio" benefit from a stroll in the neighborhood with FOUR little ones to keep out of the road. I don't need to do any of those work-out videos because little eyes certainly don't need to see those women in their immodest outfits (not to mention see their mommy look like an idiot--ha!). And I pretty much shudder to think of taking my crew to a daycare facility at some gym (can you say G-E-R-M-S?!).

So...
"F" = Failed...Flunked.........Fat!


If there's any one out there with one of THESE things I could have...for...um...FREE, I might be able to do something about it. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I have a fabulous treadmill, but Jia lost the magnet you have to have to make the stupid thing work! If anyone could find a magnet for it, I'd be thrilled, but until then, I"ll have to stick with the stepper that I only use if there's something entertaining on TV in my bedroom with no children allowed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty - or Lori, tell Kitty, my mom lost the magnet to her treadmill, and she just got the phone number off the machine - called them, and they mailed her a new one.

    I am sure my kids have never gotten sick from going to the germy fitness center daycare. Cellulite or germs, what'll be? :)

    And, once again...you look exactly the same to me as before you had babies. And all those hidden, undesirable parts are probably just going to have to be embraced. But I'm thinking you and the kids need to have a full-out dance party several days a week, that ought to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jenny, although I will have to admit that I was sort of enjoying my "vacation" from the treadmill. HA!! I'll call today!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker