1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried? Time with the Rackleys always does that to me. We had a nice surprise visit by Daddy Rackley himself about a week and a half ago. Between him and Paul, I am always doubled-over with laughter.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it? I would probably pay my son for all the extra chores he has done lately...since he keeps reminding me of the exact amount we owe him. Nag, nag, nag...
3. Do you volunteer anywhere? Dude. I need volunteers over HERE!!
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it? I have lots of favorites, but I guess the one I obsess over the most is watermelon. I eat it quite happily, of course, using a spoon and keeping a salt shaker handy. And I eat a lot of it!
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large? Depends. I'd say it's pretty large on a purely surface-y level. But on a deep level, it's small, and I guess that's the way it needs to be. However, I'm rotten about keeping in touch with my good friends, and I really want to get better about that.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go? We had a little family reunion about a year ago. It went fine, except it made me miss my Mamaw that much more. It was a weird sort of day.
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up? A hug and an encouraging word. That's really all it takes.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer? Nope. Nor did I take one last summer. Or the summer before that. But I'm not bitter or anything.
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time? Probably dental floss. It's just one of those sample packets, but it stays in my diaper bag/purse...'cause you never know. (I'm weird.)
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far? Toy Story 3. Does that count as a "flick"? That's about as good as it gets, considering my husband and I have seen a collective five films in the theater over the past eight years!
11. Describe a perfect summer day. Sleeping late. (Never happens.) Daddy home with us. Relatives visiting. Morning swim. Reading an entire book in one sitting. (Never happens.) Naps. Fresh garden vegetables and cornbread. Homemade ice cream. Running and playing outside after supper and on into dusk. Fireflies. Crickets chirping. Cool breezes to end the day. *sigh* Oh, yeah, and the thermostat staying below 100 degrees outside with low humidity!
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
|Having gelato at Za Za's on Father's Day.|