Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Project 365: Week 17 "daddy's free!"


Sunday, April 22, 2012

The big kids were busy this afternoon trying on all their new Rhea Lana clothes.




Monday, April 23, 2012

It's this crazy Arkansas weather...


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paul is on vacation this week, so he tried out a demo racket today and hauled us all over to the tennis courts for a little hitting after dinner. I didn't manage to get everyone's picture, because he even had ME out there hitting some. (Btw, I do NOT play tennis.)





For some reason, I just love this shot:



And then he took us out for ice cream!


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

After semi-spontaneously deciding yesterday afternoon to go on a trip, we took off today for Branson, Missouri. We got a fantastic deal on a condo at a resort on the lake there. It was the most pleasant "hotel" experience we've ever had. Two bedrooms that "sleep 6." Finally! (Not to mention a full kitchen and two bathrooms.)


These geese were our neighbors. Loved listening to them at night.


Look how cute these two are snuggled together watching TV.


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today we played the day away at Silver Dollar City!! (For once I'm going to pare this down to just a few pictures and then post the rest later. You're welcome.)





After our very long, very fun day, I put three exhausted kiddos to bed around 8:00 while Paul took Noah to play video games and swim (crazy kid). And then I enjoyed the view and the sounds of the geese and crickets doing their nightly rituals. So peaceful!


Friday, April 27, 2012

We would have gone back to SDC today, but it rained this morning, which made it very cold and windy. So we did a little shopping, had an excellent Mexican lunch, and then stopped for some dessert before heading home.




Saturday, April 28, 2012

Okay. Just listen to the events of this day:

8:00 Woke up wondering if we would be showing the house or not.

8:15 Got confirmation that 'yes' we would be showing it. 

8:16 Unpacked bags, stuffed the dirty clothes into the washer, made beds, got dressed, loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the messy schoolroom, sort of fed kids and dressed them, set butter out to soften. (Huh?)

9:45 Finished shining bathroom mirrors and kitchen counters while kids waited with their Daddy in the car and he persistently texted me, "Come on! We need to go!!"  :)

9:50 We made it out before our 10:00 showing. Yessssss!!

9:51 Ran errands:
        1) Sam's for bulk packages of LifeSavers and Band-Aids.  (Huh???)
        2) Hobby Lobby for party plates, felt, and...oh...a bathroom stop.
        3) Staples for wide rubber bands.

11:05 Paul dropped me off at the house with a couple of kids to begin measuring ingredients and preheat the oven, while he ran to Kroger for a few more essentials.

Yep, you guessed it...we were throwing a party! That very day! (Now ask me if we'd done anything to prepare until THIS DAY. Ahem...)

12:30 While giant cookie baked in the oven, fed children some lunch, cleaned, did laundry, worked on party favors, and Paul scouted for slingshot-makin's and set up the outdoor party scene, complete with campfire.

At this point, I sort of lost track of all time. I somehow made frosting, designed and decorated the cookie cake, stashed dishes in the dishwasher, put a child down for a nap, visited with my mom, and did various other party things that I've long since forgotten by now.

4:00 The party began!

It was a "Boy vs. Wild" theme. Stay tuned for the full post.



6:00 Mommy here crashed and was no good to anyone.

The End

Long weekend = long wait for my post. Besides, I think I've figured out why I'm having so much trouble getting these posted on Sundays. I actually used to get started on the posts mid-week!! Duh. That would explain it. Maybe I'll get back in the right rhythm by the end of 2012. Maybe. Sara and the others are probably rolling their eyes right about now.  Tee hee! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually really proud of you for throwing the party without a week of prep. I don't think I could have handled the pressure. Well done. Glad you had fun in Branson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very briefly I had a system of picking & editing my day's pictures each evening. Ha!

    I always love the pictures of your kids. It's probably because you're a good photographer, but I think it's also just because you have cute kids :)

    I'm glad you guys had a nice vacation. Oh, and CSC is one of my very favorite ice cream places on the planet - peanut butter cup perfection anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jenny. It's probably just another indication that I've lost my mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker