Sunday, July 4, 2010

Project 365: Week 27

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quickly becoming a Sunday night tradition: popcorn for supper. (We add fruit, cheese, carrot sticks, olives, and that sort of thing on the side.)



Monday, June 28, 2010

Atticus Playing with Babies








Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tonight the Rackleys (minus Benji) came over for
the last time. After the kids played for about an hour, we parents went out to eat, leaving Katelyn in charge for a couple of hours. Love these kids!


And then there were presents. Just little tiny somethings for each child. Because. Like I said...we love these kids.



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I've been losing horrific crazy amounts of hair. And I couldn't stand it anymore. So I got it cut yesterday. I love having my hair short, but I'm not sure I like this style. Just not sure it's me. In fact, I may go back and have it fixed.



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dental check-ups.



After the dentist, we had to prepare to show our house for the first time. Not fun. But it's nice to have the house mostly clean.

Then.

After dinner we went to say our final goodbyes to the Rackleys. (For those of you who haven't read my post about them, they are going to be missionaries in Africa.) They were finishing up loading the moving truck, so we gave them a little break from the work. There was trampoline-jumping, sliding, hide-and-seek, and lots and lots of hugging. They head out first thing tomorrow morning.



We're going to miss them sooooooo much!!


Friday, July 2, 2010

I need to find a home for all. these. jars.


Today would be a perfect day for it. But I just can't seem to muster the motivation. Yesterday's mad, house-scrubbing mania (before the showing) just about did me in. I'm taking the day off...and doing it pajama-style!


Saturday, July 3, 2010
Celebrating the Fourth

Much swimming (and bubble blowing) at Poppy's house today.





Then we went to see the fireworks on the lake. But just before they were about to start, a storm quite literally bleeeeeeeww in, and we took off running for the car. Somewhat drenched and with several traumatized kids in tow, we watched the fireworks display from inside the vehicle...while we waited for the parking-lot traffic to LET US THROUGH!!
Blogger is acting plumb crazy right now, so it's a good thing this week's post is over. Check out all the great "Project 365" blogs at Sara's. (I also have her button in my sidebar.) And Happy Independence Day!!!

9 comments:

  1. Love that sweet expression on Atticus while playing with the baby. Too sweet.

    We may have served a well-rounded dinner like that a time or two in our house.

    I know it's hard to say good-bye to friends... Hopefully, it will be easy to stay in touch? Great group of kids.

    Why is your hair falling out? The style looks cute... need more pix. :)

    Dentist = fun, yes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great photos! You're doing an awesome job with Project 365!!!

    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had popcorn for dinner here too! The kids love it!
    Don't you just love it when babies play baby?!! Too sweet!
    No fair teasing with a side shot of the new haircut! Want to see the whole thing!!
    Praying God goes before your sweet friends, preparing the way as they serve Him! What a testimony!!
    How'd the showing go? Did you decide on that piece of property you showed before? Lots of questions, huh? :)
    Have a super week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this first picture looks like your daughter has short hair....took me back a second.

    and Atticus....soooo sweet!!!!

    so what don't you like about your hair? it's hard for US to tell since you didn't show us much...just sayin!! :)

    great shot of the fire works

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love popcorn for supper too on occasion. Fun treat.

    I think jars multiply without our knowledge. I use them for grease, but goodness, we can only use so many.

    Love the pool and bubble shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - we went to the dentist this week too - only I didn't take any pictures of it!
    I love Atticus with the babies, esp. the picture where he looks like he got caught! Those are a great size, I'll might have to check 'em out for Norah's bday coming up.
    I'd love to see more of the new hairdo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swimming pictures look so fun and refreshing. It was so hot here today. Love the fireworks shot too. I took some just tonight and have yet to see how they turned out.
    My kids love the dentist...smiles like your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming right over and swipe Saylor's dress!!! Heidi will look great in it in a few years! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you guys had to say good-bye to people who were so important to you. :( I'm so proud of them. I want to see more of Atticus playing with babies...because it's ridiculously sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker