Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to School "Portraits"

Y'all, I would have given anything to have my camera back this week if only for this post. *sigh* But I don't. The cell phone will just have to do. Editing software? I'm counting on you here. (Please. Help. Me.)

So school is starting up all across the nation. But not for us. We never stopped. (Truly.) It's just easier that way. We take off so many days during the year, we more than make for it, don't worry. This year, though, we sort of do have an official start date, thanks to the new curriculum that just. came in! (I'm so excited!!!)


Now. The students...what my every day is all about.


My Noah. Fourth grade. It's too much for my brain to wrap itself around really. He's always been my little "teenager in tot clothing," but wow, he's really well on his way toward actual teenager now. Ya know? Okay. Maybe I'm jumping ahead a bit. My prayer for him this year is that he will finally relent and accept the fact that he does, in fact, have to do school. Surely, with all our great new curriculum, he'll just be chomping at the bit each morning, right?  ;)


Saylor Girl. Six going on seven. Aaaaahhhh!! And the worst of it?? First grade! Truly, this growing up thing is so hard for a mommy to bear sometimes. Her year is going to be all about phonics and addition facts. Seems to me she should still be crawling around like the wee little princess she used to be. At least she does like school. So far anyway.


Gabriel, our monkey. Age four and doing the Pre-K thang. (Thank goodness.) No word from the school district yet on whether or not he made the "cut." We have to wait for the drop date. I'm torn as to what I want in this matter, because of the speech therapy complication. Home or helped? Good thing God already knows and will do what's best for us! At any rate, I'm seriously considering putting the child in gymnastics or rock climbing or martial arts or football or just something where he can get out some of this wild, rough-and-tumble energy of his. If only to preserve his little brother and the breakable things in my house (like my foot).


Atticus. The little professor. Always the scholar, the reporter, and the dramatist, Atticus's role right now seems to be "Family Entertainment." He truly does keep us in stitches. Now, if we can just keep him busy enough...


If you've got time, you should definitely check out their pictures from last year to see how much they've grown and changed! I'm so glad it's gradual for me, who gets to see them every single day. I would hate to think I ever had to miss a moment of their little lives.


Oh. Little toes-ies just melt my heart.


7 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute! I love the photos!

    I have a fourth grader too this year! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! They are SO cute!!
    I miss you guys so much <3

    Melissa~
    melissascapturedmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute. I love the fact that you do back to school pictures even though your kiddos go to school at home. great way to say it's the start of the year to them

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my...that little one is so full of joy. Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me crazy but I see the biggest change in Noah. Who by the way happens to be going into the same grade as my son and it kinda freaks me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable. love the back to school portrait idea. I need to do that, too. we went school supply shopping this week, which basically just amounts to them picking out a few new pencils and a fresh box of crayons. but, hey, it works for us!
    we unpacked our curriculum, too! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker