Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365: Week 7

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Atticus has fallen asleep during church the last couple of weeks. It's weird! He's just so cozy and comfortable, I guess.



Monday, February 7, 2011

Today Noah got to build a robot out of a soda can using this kit he got last weekend for Christmas. Daddy happened to come home much earlier than usual, so he was able to help out! (It actually took all three of us. Ha!)



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We had company tonight, and it was SO MUCH FUN...that I totally forgot to take even ONE picture. I was so mad at myself. Ugh. But I did have a chore to take care of when they left and so you get to see a little picture of what bottling my kombucha entails.


So far, our favorite flavor is blueberry. I buy the blueberries frozen in bulk from Azure Standard.



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Here came the snow. Again. 'Round about 8:00 this morning. And it didn't stop at all until about 3:45 pm. The kids are pretty much unimpressed with the snow by now. After all, we've had several snows this year. And it IS cold out there. LOL! So we did play dough until Daddy made it home. (Note the cutie on the potty.)


And then Saylor donned her ballet attire and led Atticus in a dance to all the different performances being broadcast on PBS: operas, famous classical pieces, etc. (One piece was from the ballet Saylor's studio did her first year!) They danced, but they'd have to keep their eyes on the TV some, too, to see what was going on. It was a riot.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Atticus riding his "Woody Buzz." He's one cool dude.


And Gabriel had trouble tonight with a little congestion. It's nice to have a recliner in his bedroom. Solves the problem every time. (Pic taken in the middle of the night.)



Friday, February 12, 2011

I took some goodies to a friend today. She's recovering from surgery. She got fresh-baked bread, homemade butter, my granola, chicken broth, organic teas, and some apples and oranges.


Oh! Speaking of...a couple of you asked me why I soak flour/grains before cooking them. The short answer is because I use WHOLE grains. And whole grains contain phytates. Soaking them in something acidic allows the phytates (which are there to protect the "seed" so it can one day make it into the ground and grow into something) to be broken down. (Phytates are NOT good for you to eat.) AND it allows the good, nourishing healthy stuff INSIDE the grain to be more readily available and digestible for your body when you eat it. The long answer is...go to this website (for a quick explanation) and then get this book. It's a must-read. Not kidding. (Wait. Did I get my answers backwards???)

Here is a ball of soaked dough, for instance, which I made into...


...crackers! Yum!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today Poppy kept all four kiddos (thank you, Poppy!!!!) while we attended a marriage conference. If you'll remember, we previewed this a while back. Go here for more info. I recommend.


The year is already going by quickly, isn't it? Today is a beautiful spring-like day. And it has me so very hopeful that it will stay. like. this. I'm not dumb. I know it won't. And that's ever so slightly depressing. But don't worry. I'll enjoy it while it's here.  :) Go by Sara's to see everyone else's week.

4 comments:

  1. First of all..I am so impressed you have posted on SUNDAY!!! :)

    Second...you could buy your blueberries from ME. I brought 30 pounds of Indiana blueberries back this summer and froze them...they are THE best!!! Actually, I will trade you for information..I just want to spend a day with you and learn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are all just so adorable!

    Have a great week,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dancers are so cute! Recliners really are the best for when you're congested or have a cough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade crackers...looked very good!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think?

Get widget

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker